SUBMITTER’S COMMENT: This was my first cartilage piercing done with a needle. I got this piercing done at Steady Tattoo in Minneapolis over a year ago. The piercer asked me what kind of jewelry I wanted for the hole—in which I believe he shouldn’t had asked…
ah. i wanted a cartilage piercing so badly, but i didn’t want to go through the cartilage, so i had my sister pierce the skin right next to the cartilage. well, this happened years ago, and i still have a bump from it/you can see where the needle went through. my ear looks a little deformed from it. this post just reminded me of it.
i then got my actual cartilage pierced in the same area to try to hide it, but it’s so uncomfortable to sleep on (i only have a hoop - can’t afford a barbell.)
- teppeline likes this
- ayanamilangley likes this
- elizabethreszke reblogged this from awfulmodifications and added:
- livingintheshadowrealm likes this
- fairyplaguedoctor reblogged this from awfulmodifications and added:
- iamtheclone said: Wouldn’t it be best to take out the piercing, carry on doing saline soaks and wait for it to heal. Then get I re pierced with a straight bar..?
- queen0ftragedy likes this
- ihatenicolascage said: OR take it out because its at an extremely off angle creating pressure there for you get an ugly chunk of hypertrophic scar tissue. Take it out, it’s ugly and way off. Get it redone after it heals over.
- awfulmodifications posted this